Wednesday, September 22, 2010

More Good Progress (Ho Hum)

(Christian's Dad here...)  We're really loving this idea of things going better each day.  We recognize there are no guarantees but improvement sure beats other possibilities; we are thankful.  Christian continues to amaze and inspire us with his dedication and determination. 

Physical Therapist, Adam, is a big fan of walking everywhere and under his care we see Christian walking farther each day.  Today they walked almost completely around the 12th floor.  In the video I recorded 3 days ago, Chris walked 30' until his first rest stop.  Today, his final segment walking back to his room, 265'!  This has us smiling.  It has Christian breathing heavy, sweating AND smiling. :-)

During therapy "stand-up-sit-downs" Chris needed a back rest - perfect job for me.

Occupational Therapist, Josh, had Christian working on arms today.  These are arms that 2 weeks ago couldn't move.  Amazing. 



We continue our thanks to the Lord above for His gracious love and we acknowledge again the faith and prayers of so many who are rooting for Chris on this journey.  We express our love to you.   

8 comments:

  1. That is fantastic news and fabulous footage! Good thing Mike was there to be the back rest, most of us aren't tall enough to provide good leverage. Christian, you are a rock star! I know it's such hard work, but you are getting amazing results every day. I love you and just can't wait to see what tomorrow brings. I feel that way each day. Thank you for that, Liz (your mother in law. I know you tried to forget that a few days ago :)) Yup, Jessi told me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christian,
    I have been reading everyday since your accident and am so happy, amazed, impressed, and thankful for all of the progress you have made over the past 4 weeks! You and your family really have demonstrated what strength, courage, faith, and love really are. Love, Lisa Jones, Eric's sister.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yahoo!!! Soon you'll be gripping a fly rod and can join Big D. SO proud of you. Love, Shauna
    P.S. Let me know when you're ready for another massage.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Christian,
    You amaze me!!! Look for my sweet cousin on the 12 th floor soon. She broke her back in a car accident. I told her all about you. She is just 17 years old. She has a similar battle as your's. You are both incredible. We pray for you both daily!
    Karyn Albrecht-Luke

    ReplyDelete
  5. We are so totally amazed at your strength, faith, sense of humor, determination, and of course your progress! We are thrilled for you and hope all continues to go well. We found out yesterday that Arlyn's surgeon has been following your blog, as he is an avid mountain biker as well! Just want you to know we are thinking of you and sending many positive vibes your way! Keep up the good work! Arlyn and Patti ( your parent's next door neighbors!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Christian and I went to Alta HS together as well as spent our Freshman year at USU together. We've lost touch since then - but you definitely made an impression on me. I was constantly in awe of your dedication to education - your love of the outdoors and it always cracked me up that you'd prefer to go fly fishing by yourself than to sit around and do nothing with everyone else:) You always knew who you were while all the rest of us were searching...

    Your Dad put it perfectly when he said that you "continue to amaze and inspire" me.

    My husband has really gotten into mountain biking in the last 2 years. It is a real passion for him. Your story really hits home with us. We check in on your blog everyday and are overjoyed that your recovery continues to be a positive and a miraculous one.

    Both my husband and I pray for you and your family every night. I've also told my kids (7, 5 and 2) about your story and you have a place in their hearts and prayers as well.

    Thank you (Mom and Dad) for keeping us in the loop via this blog. Christian has touched so many lives. It is comforting to know that as far away as we are (Albuquerque, NM) that you have taken the time to keep everyone updated on your family's faith and hope and on Christians recovery.

    Love from the Vietti family in NM,
    Patrick, Jen (Briner), Jack, Maisie and Izzie.

    ReplyDelete
  7. christian, still praying for you. you inspire more than you will EVER know! god bless you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Talk about inspiring! Whenever I don't feel like getting up early and exercising I will think of you giving your all to just work those arms!

    ReplyDelete